July 10, 2018
The following is a press release from Meow MeetUp:
Cat lovers are rejoicing as the first-ever Meow MeetUp hits Chicagoland on July 21-22! This two-day event is hosted by the popular blog, The Catnip Times, and is the largest cat-centric event to ever take place in the Midwest. Want to spend a day or two to celebrate cats and take part in ameowzingly fun feline activities that purromise to both entertain and enlighten? Then Meow MeetUp is for you.
Why an event for cat lovers?
“Until now, the Internet has been the only way for people to share their interest of cats with a large community of cat lovers. On July 21 and 22, that will change. Not only will this be an opportunity to be surrounded by folks that are crazy about our feline friends, but the two days will be filled with dozens of educational and fun activities,” said Lauren Mieli, The Catnip Times’ & Meow MeetUp Founder.
Chicago’s own Steve Dale of Steve Dale’s Pet World will give the Saturday keynote titled “How Cats are the Rodney Dangerfield of Pets.” On Sunday, Becky Robinson, President and Founder of Alley Cat Allies, will present “How to #LoveCatsMore.” In addition, renowned veterinarians will be speaking on topics of interest to all cat owners, such as: the growing problem of cat obesity, how to deal with the loss of a pet, and debunking “kitty revenge” behavior.
Meow MeetUp also has fun activities and events to keep everyone entertained. Here are just a few:
- The Cat Adoption Lounge, sponsored by PetComfort by WeatherTech. Scores of cats from Almost Home Foundation will be showcased and available for adoption to a loving, forever home.
- The Kitty Yoga Studio, sponsored by Royal Canin, offers attendees the opportunity to relax and stretch with adoptable cats in a zen-like atmosphere.
- The Cat Café, presented by Nulo Pet Food, features a jungle-themed cat café where participants will unwind with a “catpuccino,” enjoy other cat-themed refreshments, and play with or just observe some of the adoptable cats that will be present.
- Lil BUB, (@iamlilbub), one of the Internet’s most popular cats with over 7 million followers will be available for Meet & Greets with 100% of the proceeds benefiting less fortunate pets. Also on hand for Meet & Greets will be local Instagram cat celebrities: Chuck the Duck, Eddie Meownster and Sinbad the Survivor.
- A Feline Film Festival, Pampurr Pawlor Beauty Bar, Meow Mixer After Party, Breakfast & Kitty Bingo, Clicker Training, an Exhibit Hall and so much more…
Meow MeetUp is happening on Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22, 2018 at the Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL from 9am – 5pm both days. General admission is $30 for adults, and $0-$15 for kids 12 and under. Be sure to avoid the fe-line and get your tickets online at www.meowmeetup.com then follow the feline fun using the event hashtag #meowmeetup
About The Catnip Times:
Since 2012, the iconic cat blog, “The Catnip Times” has helped cat owners strengthen their bond with their cats through educational and entertaining content. With nearly one million followers in over 130 countries, The Catnip Times is a leading voice in the global cat community.