October 18, 2018
The following is a press release from Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival:
The entire Festival was full of highlights at every event, but a sampling of memories made over the weekend included:
- Chefs and Food Network personalities Giada De Laurentiis, Alex Guarnaschelli, Katie Lee, and Rachael Ray joined social justice advocate and Me Too movement creator Tarana Burke on stage at the Supper is Served kick-off event on Thursday, October 11. Artists Natasha Bedingfield, known for her songs “Pocketful of Sunshine” and “Unwritten”, and Billboard country chart-topper and multi-time Grammy Award nominee Martina McBride performed a selection of their most empowering hits for 2,500 attendees who enjoyed fare from more than 25 of the nation’s top female chefs carving a path for future generations.
- The fan-favorite Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray crowned two new champions on Friday, October 12. Judges David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris, Geoffrey Zakarian and Andrew Zimmern selected Citi Field – Home of the New York Mets as this year’s Pat LaFrieda’s 2018 NYCWFF Burger Bash® Champion for their Sliders & Sinkers entry. Attendees voted Clinton Hall as this year’s Blue Moon People’s Choice Award-winner for their entry, The Double Smashed burger, which was served with classic French fries.
- Chefs and Food Network personalities Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Bobby Flay and Ina Garten hosted Food Network’s Rooftop Birthday Party on Saturday, October 13. They were joined by Valerie Bertinelli, Anne Burrell, Scott Conant, Alex Guarnaschelli, Katie Lee, Jeff Mauro, Marc Murphy, Marcus Samuelsson, Geoffrey Zakarian, Andrew Zimmern and more for a special toast and star-studded rendition of “Happy Birthday” to pay tribute to the prominent role Food Network has played in redefining the nation’s relationship with food.
- Foodie fans of all ages gathered on Sunday, October 14 at Coca-Cola Backyard BBQ presented by National Beef and Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Billy Durney and Pat LaFrieda. In addition to face-painting, pumpkin-carving and carnivorous creations from more than 30 grill maestros, Nick’s Lobster House took home The Coca-Cola Backyard BBQ Award for their grilled octopus and red cabbage slaw.
Several other stand-out moments capped off the star-studded weekend, including:
- New York broadcast personalities Elvis Duran of Z100 Radio and Rosanna Scotto of Good Day New York hosting Chelsea Night Market presented by Alfa Romeo
- An in-depth conversation about immigration and hospitality during a panel curated by Andrew Zimmern and moderated by political commentator Ana Navarro, which took place at Beverage Media presents Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits Trade Tasting hosted by Wine Spectator
- A Breakfast Pajama Party for the whole family hosted by TODAY’s Dylan Dreyer and Sheinelle Jones
- Twitter presents #CRAVINGSFEST by CHRISSY TEIGEN to celebrate the release of Teigen’s new cookbook Cravings: Hungry for More (Clarkson Potter, September 2018)
- The first-ever Festival Drag Brunch presented by ABSOLUT GRAPEFRUIT® hosted by Countess Luann de Lesseps
- And much more!
Save the Date: The 12th annual NYCWFF will take place October 10 – 13, 2019! Stay up to date by following the conversation along all year on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using @NYCWFF/#NYCWFF.
About the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One
The Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One is hosted by and benefits the No Kid Hungry® campaign and Food Bank For New York City, with 100% of the Festival’s net proceeds helping fight hunger. The Festival has raised more than $11 million to date for these hunger-relief organizations. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is the exclusive provider of wine and spirits at the Festival. In September 2018, BizBash named the Festival the #3 Food & Restaurant Industry event in the United States for the sixth year in a row. More information on the Festival can be found at nycwff.org.