April 3, 2017
The following is an excerpt from a Diplomat Beach Resort press release:
A new icon has officially taken center stage in Hollywood, Florida, The Diplomat Beach Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton. Emerging from a $100 million transformation, The Diplomat Beach Resort is an oceanfront, experiential destination resort offering a fresh new take on vacationing. From the Atlantic coast to Intracoastal, the reinvented resort pays homage to the hotel’s storied past as a social hub, which began in 1958, with a modern take on design and amenities, including more than 10 new culinary concepts. As part of Curio Collection by Hilton, a global set of remarkable upper upscale hotels handpicked for their unique character, The Diplomat Beach Resort redefines comfort and style with 1,000 re-imagined guestrooms and suites and indoor and outdoor public spaces, bringing the resort’s sunny, beachfront location to life. And, the property’s variety of culinary offerings and programming creates a central hub for the surrounding community, giving locals a new Hollywood destination to call home.
Nestled between the aquamarine shores of the Atlantic Ocean and the peaceful Intracoastal Waterway, The Diplomat Beach Resort stands at the very heart of Hollywood, Florida. With an ideal location, the property’s transformation caters to those looking for seamless travel and local experiences with easy access to key destinations.
- 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- 30 minutes from Miami International Airport
- 5 minutes from Hollywood’s historic oceanfront Boardwalk
- 10 minutes from world-class shopping at Aventura Mall
- 20 minutes from Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale
- 30 minutes from South Beach
ROOM TO RETREAT
With more than 1,000 guest rooms—including a Presidential suite, 515 king rooms and 484 double rooms, with 96 being suites—The Diplomat Beach Resort is the largest hotel in Broward County, offering sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway with an abundance of natural light. Designed by the world’s leading hospitality interior design firm, Hirsch Bedner Associates, the resort’s stylish and thoughtfully designed rooms offer refreshed spaces, befitting the prime beachfront location in Hollywood. A strong sense of place is weaved throughout, reflecting a sophisticated oceanfront design that nods to the storied history of the Diplomat Hotel of the 1950s. Carefully selected artwork throughout the property highlights the local-regional lifestyle, with modernized spaces harkening back to the hotel’s vibrant past.
All rooms feature unobstructed ocean or Intracoastal vantage points, while most suites boast 180-degree views of the tropical surroundings including a variety of premier suites, the Governor and Presidential suites, each with an individual identity delivering on guest’s needs. Suites exude a mix of midcentury elements with refreshing ocean tones, creating the perfect backdrop to relax and recharge complete with hand tufted rugs, natural wood furnishings, crisp white bedding backed by driftwood headboards and nautical touches that speak to the location.
Guestrooms at the property depict two separate design schemes: Sunrise and Sunset. Sunrise rooms are modern, vibrant and refreshing with earthy tones that provide a soothing, calm atmosphere accented with blue ocean colors. Tactile rope accents are weaved into bedside lighting and deckchairs, while custom designed carpets recall the organic coral and sand patterns found locally. Vintage artwork reflects the region’s history and streamlined furniture lend to the spacious room layouts. Sunset rooms present a more subtle, modern and organic design scheme with views overlooking the famous South Florida west horizon, giving guests a front seat view to famous and stunning sunsets.
A CULINARY DESTINATION
The Diplomat Beach Resort has a new and simple approach to food: whatever you want, wherever you are. Helmed by Howard Wein of Howard Wein Hospitality, whose expertise in the culinary world brings knowledge and creativity, the resort now offers 10 innovative and surprising culinary destinations.
Unique dishes and drinks highlight ingenuity and variety, using locally sourced ingredients and fresh mixes for cocktails created on-site. Each destination is rooted in strong culinary sensibilities and exudes brand individuality, creating distinct spaces and experiences:
- Bristol’s Burgers – South Florida’s best burgers, salads and shakes in a fun, playful space.
- Candy & Cones – Sweets parlor that makes candy dreams come true, offering candies and innovative house-made ice creams.
- Counter Point – An extension of Point Royal offering gourmet grab-and-go options, with coffee drinks, juices, house-made pastries, sandwiches and light bites.
- Diplomat Prime – 1950s inspired, sophisticated steakhouse with steaks aged in-house and a chef driven, seasonal menu with an extensive wine list.
- Monkitail – Famed Chef and Restaurateur Michael Schulson’s modern Izakaya, coupling sharable Japanese-inspired fare with craft cocktails, sake, and a hidden karaoke bar.
- Playa – Beachfront Nuevo-Latina restaurant and bar featuring an extensive rum and tequila selection.
- Point Royal – A Coastal American restaurant featuring Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s approachable American cuisine complete with indoor/outdoor seating, a large center bar for drinking, and a grand yet modern raw bar.
- Portico Beer & Wine Garden – Beer, wine and cocktails on tap, and a menu of light Italian fare situated on the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The Canteen – Supply & trading company offering convenience food and beverage items for hotel guests.
- The Hotel Bar – A modern take on the classic hotel bar, featuring signature upgraded cocktails from hotels around the world.
A VACATION FOR EVERYONE
The Diplomat Beach Resort is perfect for family-focused guests, providing a variety of activities and amenities meant to create happy, genuine and memorable vacation experiences. Guests and smaller travelers will find unique offerings throughout resort:
- The Water Works: With two beachfront pools, jet skiing, ocean kayaking, paddleboard rentals, and the property’s newest addition, the Dip + Slide water play area, The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood is the ideal destination to cool down. Designed with an interactive water bucket that playfully tips over when full, the area entertains small travelers and is strategically located to give parents a direct line of sight from the lagoon pool, allowing them to relax poolside.
- Kids Only: From sand castle building and poolside games to bounce houses and behind-the-scenes resort tours, younger guests ages 4-12 are always entertained and supervised at the fun-filled, Diplomat Kids Club.
- Relax and Recharge: Guests can recharge by melting stress away at the expansive 24-hour fitness center or get pampered at the new, full-service spa overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
- Designer Luxury Pool Cabanas by Trina Turk: Exclusively designed for The Diplomat Beach Resort, specialty cabanas created by fashion designer Trina Turk are available for rent on the second floor of the pool deck, providing a relaxing and stylish oasis for the day.
COME TOGETHER AT THE DIPLOMAT BEACH RESORT
With 209,000 square feet of flexible function and meeting space, The Diplomat Beach Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton continues to serve as the premier location for business travel and large-scale conferences, weddings and milestone celebrations. With recent upgrades in comprehensive technology, transportation services and unbeatable ocean views, travelers and locals can expect thoughtfully designed and unique spaces meant to create memorable meetings, events and weddings:
- 50,000-square-foot unobstructed Great Hall
- Four ballrooms, including 20,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom overlooking the Atlantic
- 39 breakout rooms, ideal for smaller events
- Outdoor special event areas including the pool deck and 33rd floor lounge space
- On-site IT and audio-visual support
- Specialty packages, rates and programming