June 8, 2017
The following is a press release from DOGTV:
DOGTV, the world’s first and only television network created specifically for dogs, is airing a new show for human viewers, aiming to help dogs in need. The DOGTV “Adoption Show,” which will begin airing on Friday, June 9, is a 15 minute program featuring 10 adoptable dogs per episode from various rescue shelters across the United States, including information on how to adopt them. The show is hosted by actress Maggie Lawson, and features renowned dog trainer Victoria Stillwell, who provides tips on helping adopted dogs cope in their new home. DOGTV will be gifting those who do adopt dogs featured on the program with a DOGTV goodie bag and a special adoption kit with $600 worth of product for their new pup.
The first episode is already available for pre-viewing online at dogtv.com/adopt where viewers can also find information about all of the dogs featured on the “Adoption Show” and how to adopt them. An important component of DOGTV’s adoption initiative will be spreading the word via social media. Be sure to visit facebook.com/dogtv for adoption success stories, tips for adopting dogs and more.
“DOGTV subscribers are passionate about their own pets in addition to the wellbeing of all animals. Launching the ‘Adoption Show’ across our network will inspire this dedicated group to help dogs in need, whether they are adopting a dog themselves, or sharing information on adoptable dogs with their friends,” says Ron Levi, Co-Founder and Chief Content Officer, DOGTV. “We are looking forward to rewarding those who open their hearts and homes to a rescue dog from our show by offering special adoption kits to help make the transition smooth for both the pet and their owner.”
DOGTV has a history of partnering with rescue shelters, providing free DOGTV programming that is scientifically designed to combat dog boredom, separation anxiety, hyperactivity and more, and has been especially helpful with calming shelter dogs and increasing their adoptability. For the “Adoption Show,” DOGTV is partnering with several shelters including the San Francisco SPCA, Chicago Canine Rescue, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society, San Diego Humane Society and SPCA and more.
In addition to partnering with rescue shelters, DOGTV has also partnered with several dog-loving brands to support the “Adoption Show” and prep new pet parents who adopt dogs featured on the show with a great care package including a DOGTV goodie bag and the following items:
- Find my Pet – A smart real time tracking collar for dogs
- Thundershirt – A dog anxiety vest and calming solution, helping millions of dogs
- Foscam R2 Indoor Home Camera – A camera that keeps an eye on your dog and allows you to talk to him right from your phone.
- G.O.A.T. Smart Pet Speaker – A speaker that plays music for your dog and even takes selfies with him
- I and Love and You – 6 bags of food and treats including Naked Essentials Kibble and treats, which are made with real meat and contain no grains, fillers or any artificial ingredients
- Three Dog Bakery – All natural dog cookies, including a case of Classic Crèmes Carob with Natural Vanilla Flavor Filling
- My Dog Nose it – Sun protection for your dog’s nose
- The Secret Language of Dogs – The new book from popular dog trainer and “Adoption Show” regular Victoria Stilwell
DOGTV’s “Adoption Show” will air everywhere DOGTV is available including on Comcast’s Xfinity On Demand, DIRECTV, RCN, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Android and DOGTV’s Social Media Channels.