June 30, 2017
The following is a press release from Petco:
This weekend the Petco Foundation, a leading funder of animal welfare, and The NUTRO Company kick off their “Be A Lifesaver” campaign, promoting everyday lifesavers throughout the country and encouraging all people to be lifesavers for animals this summer.
Everyone can be a lifesaver with five simple actions:
- Adopt: Find a new family member by adopting a pet at a local animal welfare organization.
- Foster: Fostering pets can save animal lives and can be a fun, educational family-friendly summer activity. Learn more at participating Petco stores on July 22, during the Petco Foundation’s “Be A Foster” event.
- Volunteer: Local shelters always need volunteers for a variety of activities like walking dogs, socializing cats or folding laundry. Talk to local animal welfare organizations about how your skills and interests fit with the organization’s needs.
- Spread the Word: Share on social media how you’ve acted as a lifesaver for pets with #BeALifesaver
- Donate: Donate at checkout at Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores to help the Petco Foundation reach its goal of raising $2.1 million to provide lifesaving investments to animal welfare organizations.
Be A Lifesaver events:
Be A Lifesaver Adoption Weekend: Adopt your new family member
Saturday and Sunday, July 1 and 2 at participating Petco and Unleashed by Petco store locations.
Be A Foster: Learn more about fostering and apply to be a foster family for pets
Saturday, July 22 happening at select Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores.
The NUTRO Company generously donated $75,000 to kickoff the Be A Lifesaver campaign. From July 1-23, guests in Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores are invited to Be A Lifesaver by making a donation at checkout to support animal welfare organizations throughout the country.
“Summer is a busy time for animal welfare organizations. There is often an increase in animal intake and demand for services,” said Petco Foundation executive director Susanne Kogut. “Our Be a Lifesaver campaign aims to inspire individuals to take action to help save animal lives in their own communities. Through collecting donations — $2, $5, and $20 at a time at checkout in Petco stores — we hope to raise more than $2.1 million to support lifesaving animal welfare work nationwide.”