May 9, 2017
The following is an excerpt from a Star Trek: The Cruise II press release:
Star Trek: The Cruise II has commissioned an entire crew of fan favorites to man the ship when it launches two voyages in January 2018. Host George Takei (who played Hikaru Sulu in the original “Star Trek” TV series and several “Star Trek” movies) will be joined by nearly 20 stars from the film and television productions of the groundbreaking franchise, including Vaughn Armstrong, Rene Auberjonois, Casey Biggs, LeVar Burton, Jeffrey Combs, Michael Dorn, John de Lancie, Jonathan Frakes, Max Grodenchik, Gates McFadden, Robert O’Reilly, John Paladin, Ethan Phillips, Robert Picardo, Armin Shimerman, Brent Spiner, Connor Trinneer, and Nana Visitor. Star Trek fans aboard the cruises will spend a week among the iconic actors, interacting with them during inspired events and impromptu encounters. Produced by Entertainment Cruise Productions, LLC, under license by CBS Consumer Products, Voyage 1 of Star Trek: The Cruise II will sail from January 5-11, 2018, with Voyage 2 following January 11-17, 2018, both traveling from Miami to Roatan (Honduras), Harvest Caye (Belize) and Costa Maya (Mexico).
The six-day voyage on the spectacular Norwegian Jade boldly goes where no one has gone before, packed with special Star Trek-themed shows, events and programs including:
- A stellar crew of iconic Star Trek actors and personalities
- Incredible theme nights like Captain Sulu’s Soiree
- Interactive celebrity hosted events like the Klingon Pub Crawl, wine tastings, cooking demonstrations and more
- Actor-led excursions at each port
- Vow renewals led by a Star Trek star
- Nightly shows performed by celebrity guests
- Autograph and photograph sessions with your favorite Star Trek crew members
- A Star Trek: The Cruise Museum exhibiting genuine pieces and classic memorabilia from the archive
- A make-up artist transforming guests into Star Trek characters
- Live music including avant-garde synth pop band Information Society
Almost every event includes an interactive element which makes the Voyage a unique, personal and immersive Star Trek experience.
“This will be the most interactive experience ever created between Star Trek fans and actors,” says Star Trek: The Cruise II host George Takei. “Come aboard and experience the voyage!” Every guest aboard Star Trek: The Cruise II will be offered the opportunity to take a group photo with the icon (one per cabin).
The ship will be redesigned to feature sites inspired by the television show and films, including “Sandrine’s II,” the sister restaurant of Chez Sandrine (Star Trek: Voyager), and “13 Forward” (the Officer’s Bar influenced by 10 Forward and best described by Captain Picard as the “hub of the ship’s social activity”).
Over 4,000 fans have already pre-registered for cabins aboard the 2018 cruises, with both expected to sell out. Cabin prices start at $1,300 (U.S. dollars) per person, and include all meals, tickets to main-stage events, parties as well as port charges, taxes and on-board gratuities.