January 10, 2017
1440 Multiversity, a wellness learning destination opening in May 2017, is now open for registration. Weekend and five-day immersion programs are offered at the 75-acre campus, nestled in the redwoods of Scotts Valley, California, between Santa Cruz and San Jose. Named for the number of minutes in a day, 1440 Multiversity champions the proposition that each moment is an opportunity to live fully.
Topics at the facility include “The Neuroscience of Personal Transformation,” “Wired for Relationships,” “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain,” “The Art and Science of Meditation,” “Authentic Leadership.”
According to 1440 Multiversity, accommodations on campus include all-natural farm-to-table cuisine, daily offerings in meditation, yoga, fitness, and other classes and events before and after course sessions, as well as four miles of forest hiking trails. The campus will also feature a new healing arts center with bodywork modalities designed for relaxation and whole-body integration, steam rooms, and an outdoor infinity edge whirlpool with an expansive view of the redwoods.
Among the notable faculty in its inaugural year are:
- Elizabeth Gilbert (Author, “Eat Pray Love”) and Cheryl Strayed (Author, “Wild”)
- Sharon Salzberg (Vipassana meditation teacher and author)
- Richard Davidson, Ph.D. (Neuroscience pioneer and author of “The Emotional Life of Your Brain”)
- Gabor Maté (Addiction and stress expert)
- Seane Corn (Yoga teacher and activist)
- Bruce Lipton, Ph.D. (Epigenetics expert)
- Daniel Siegel, M.D. (Renowned psychiatrist) and Caroline S. Welch (Law, mediation, and mindfulness expert)
- Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D. (Cocreators, Imago Relationship Therapy)
- Peter Senge (Founder, Society for Organizational Living)
- Elaine Aron, Ph.D. (Author, “The Highly Sensitive Person”)
- Tara Brach, Ph.D. (Author, “Radical Acceptance and True Refuge”)