May 18, 2017
The following is a press release from the CMA Music Festival:
CMA Fest 2017 is the hottest ticket in Country Music with more than 353K square feet of air-conditioned fun and entertainment Thursday through Sunday, June 8-11 (9:30 AM-5:00 PM) at Music City Center in downtown Nashville. As CMA Fest’s premiere attraction, Xfinity Fan Fair X is the cornerstone of the fan/artist bonding experience where fans meet rising stars and icons, enjoy concerts, see interactive celebrity panels, and more.
“For 46 years, our guests have traveled to Nashville from near and far to meet their favorite artists,” said Sarah Trahern, CMA Chief Executive Officer. “What happens inside Fan Fair X is one of a kind and we thank our partners like Xfinity, Radio Disney Country, and Durango for helping us create meaningful moments fans will never forget.”
“Fan Fair X has become a CMA Fest staple, bringing people closer to the Country Music and artists they love,” said Matt Lederer, Executive Director, Partnership Marketing, for Comcast. “It’s also a great opportunity to introduce Country Music fans to all the ways our Xfinity X1 platform seamlessly blends TV, movies, and music into one, easy-to-use experience.”
Xtra Special Xperiences
Xfinity Fan Fair X is bigger than ever, showcasing more than 130 exhibitor booths:
Miranda Lambert’s MuttNation will offer dog adoptions daily from 12:00 PM-4:00 PM/CT and features a photo booth and “Puppy Corral.”
- Snap a photo with the “One Piece At A Time” car – the pieced-together Cadillac inspired by Johnny Cash’s hit song of the same name.
- Fans age 21 and up can taste Darius Rucker’s Backstage Southern Whiskey and sample a new ONEHOPE Signature Series Wine created with a soon-to-be-revealed CMA Award-winning artist. Every purchase of the new wine will help fund music education programs through the CMA Foundation.
- Style a fashion-forward Festival outfit with signature pieces from “Fairchild,” a new line of clothing from Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town.
Radio Disney Country Stage
A returning fan favorite inside Xfinity Fan Fair X is the Radio Disney Country Stage, where fans will see some of today’s hottest artists, and discover the brightest up-and-coming stars. Radio Disney Country personality Betsy Spina, Kalie Shorr and Savannah Keyes will emcee the stage, for acoustic performances, artist meet-and-greets, and prize giveaways for fans throughout the four days. Scheduled appearances include: Bailey Bryan, Lacy Cavalier, CB30, Jessie Chris, Luke Combs, Jacob Davis, Seth Ennis, Farewell Angelina, Hunter Hayes, Walker Hayes, High Valley, Honey County, Keyes, LANCO, Olivia Lane, Levon, LOCASH, Tegan Marie, Mary Sarah, Scotty McCreery, Hayley Orrantia, Carly Pearce, RaeLynn, Savvy & Mandy, Shorr, Alana Springsteen, Lena Stone, Temecula Road, and Michael Tyler.
One of the biggest draws inside Xfinity Fan Fair X is the Artist of the Day, which spotlights Country superstars sharing a glimpse into their careers. Confirmed Artists of the Day include five-time CMA Award winner and Country icon Martina McBride sharing a retrospective of her thriving career over the last 25 years and 14-time CMA Award winner Brad Paisley reflecting on the 50th Anniversary of the CMA Awards and his nine year consecutive stint as co-host with Executive Producer Robert Deaton.
Hey Bidder, Bidder
Want to take home your favorite Country artist’s coveted piece of stagewear? Or a CMA Awards program book signed by over 20 artists, including Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, and more? Then get ready to place your bet(s) in the CMA Celebrity Auction with 100% of proceeds benefitting the CMA Foundation. High bidders get to take home a piece of Country Music history, as not only a cherished memento, but as an advocate for sustainable music education programs.
Supporting Music Education
CMA Music Festival has always been focused on the relationship between artists and their fans, but the true beneficiaries are the more than 1 million students who now have access to music education programs across the U.S. thanks to the fans who attend CMA Music Festival and the artists who appear for free. Since 2006, CMA and the CMA Foundation have donated more than $17.5 million to support music education initiatives from New York City to Los Angeles,
$11 million of which was distributed in Nashville.
CMA Close Up Stage
The most highly anticipated experience inside Fan Fair X is the CMA Close Up Stage where fans get up close and personal with their favorite artists. Highlights include:
- Listen to Glen Campbell’s farewell album “Adios” and revisit his career-spanning records with the Glen Campbell Studio Experience
- Deana Carter: Yes, I did shave my legs for this! 20 years of “Strawberry Wine” and personal stories from the road, hosted by Lon Helton
- CMA Fest Family Feud: Country Stars vs. Reality Stars, including Craig Campbell, Parmalee, Jeannie Seely, Ray Stevens, and Darryl Worley, plus Jessica “Figgy” Figueroa (“Survivor”), Nicole Franzel (“Big Brother”), James Fuertes (“The Bachelorette”), Sheila Kennedy (Big Brother”), and Caleb Reynolds (“Big Brother” and “Survivor”)
- The making of a mashup: A close up look at CMA’s “Forever Country” starring 30 CMA Award-winning artists, with CMA Award-winning producer Shane McAnally and two-time CMA Award nominee Josh Osborne.
- Song Suffragettes featuring Jessie James Decker
- PURE COUNTRY: PURE HEART Pure Music – A look at the music in the new film from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment featuring Kaitlyn Bausch, Mandi Collier, Ronnie Cox, Amanda Detmer, Damon Santostefano, Cozi Zuehlsdorff, and more, moderated by Frankie Pine
- Kristian Bush and friends, featuring Ryan Kinder and Brandon Ray
- Eric Paslay: The Songs, The Writers, The Artist
- “62 years in the making…and still counting” with Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin Brothers featuring a Q&A and acoustic performance
- “Music City Knockout: Where Country Music and Cowboy Culture Intersect” – Professional Bull Riders panel with Bonner Bolton (“Dancing With the Stars”), Cooper Davis, and PBR CEO Sean Gleason, interviewed by Matt West
- Country Music Hall of Fame member Charley Pride discusses 50 years of music and performs songs from his new album
- A look into the ‘90s with Danny Shirley of Confederate Railroad, Terry McBride, and Mark Wills
- A lifetime of music: Ricky Skaggs performance and interview with Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum Editor Peter Cooper
- SESAC songwriters including Restless Road, Stranger Friends, Jake Scherer, and Matthew Szlachetka
Ultimate Fan Experiences Drawing and CMA Fest Fan Access
Fans from around the world gather in Nashville for the chance to meet-and-greet with their favorite artist. Those fan/artist interactions are the highlight of the Ultimate Country Music Fan Experience. CMA Music Festival offers that rare perk through a special drawing known as the Ultimate Fan Experiences Drawing.
Of the numerous artists appearing in Fan Fair X over the four-day event, most of the meet-and-greets do not require tickets. In these instances, fans may freely join the line formations for non-ticketed signings.
For chances to win meet-and-greets inside Fan Fair X or access to exclusive performances inside HGTV Lodge, fans must register for CMA Fest Fan Access and then enter the Ultimate Fan Experiences Drawing between Tuesday, May 30 (10:00 AM/CT) and Tuesday, June 1 (10:00 AM/CT).
Fans will be prompted to create an account and complete the online entry form by selecting the artist(s) they would like to meet from the list of ticketed meet-and-greet sessions. Please note: only one account per person is permitted and fans can only be selected once.
Once the form is complete, fans are automatically entered into the random ticket drawing for each artist selected. If drawn, the fan will receive two tickets to that session. Winners will be notified by email and text on Friday, June 2 after 10:00 AM/CT.
CMA Fest Fan Access, presented by Budweiser, unlocks all sorts of perks for Festival-goers, including the chance to win a VIP trip to the 2018 CMA Music Festival and instant prizes from CMA and other participating sponsors.
More than 80 artists are scheduled for meet-and-greets in the CMA Booth including: Lauren Alaina, Kristian Bush, Brandy Clark, Chris Janson, Jana Kramer, Maddie & Tae, McCreery, Old Dominion, Jon Pardi, Kellie Pickler, Thompson Square, and more.
Durango Music Spot
Another stage packed with boot-stomping fun is the Durango Music Spot, which showcases Festival favorites all four days including: Rex Allen, Jr., Baillie & the Boys, Moe Bandy, Bobby Bare, T. Graham Brown, Johnny Carver, Tommy Cash, Daily & Vincent, Barbara Fairchild, Jimmy Fortune, David Frizzell, Mickey Gilley, Wade Hayes, Hits & Grins, Georgette Jones, Kelly Lang, Ronnie McDowell, Stella Parton, Ralph Stanley II & The Clinch Mountain Boys, Johnny Rodriguez, Jeannie Seely, T.G. Sheppard, Sons of the Palomino, and Sylvia.
New this year, the Durango Music Spot will also feature legendary songwriters including Aaron Barker, Rob Crosby, Even Stevens, Jim Lauderdale, Marc Beeson & Andy Albert, Shane Minor, and Tim Nichols.
The Durango Music Spot operates 11:15 AM-4:20 PM/CT and is broadcast live on 650 AM WSM, WSMonline.com, and the 650 AM WSM Official Mobile App. WSM personalities Bill Cody, Eric Marcum, Charlie Mattos, Devon O’Day, Eddie Stubbs, and Mike Terry will emcee.
The Fan Fair X Marketplace offers a unique shopping experience featuring more than 50 shops and artisans showcasing jewelry, clothing, boots, totes, and many local and regional vendors – the perfect spot for fans to find mementoes for themselves and gifts for a special someone.
CMA and Nashville-based A3 Merchandise will showcase an expanded product line of unique and trendy Festival apparel and accessories. Items are available for pre-order at http://countrymu.sc/sh17pr for delivery to fans. The shipping cutoff for ordering before CMA Fest is Wednesday, May 31.
Onsite, fans can purchase Festival attire on Level 3 of Music City Center. Official CMA Music Festival merchandise stations are available in locations across the Festival footprint, giving fans quick and easy access to the souvenirs they want.
Entertainment Value: Xfinity Fan Fair X is free to all CMA Music Festival Nightly Concert ticketholders.
Fans who do not have a four-day Festival ticket may purchase a ticket to Fan Fair X at CMAfest.com. Fan Fair X tickets are $10 per day or $25 for a four-day pass. Tickets may also be purchased on-site inside the Music City Center.
New in 2017 is the CMA Fest Nash Pass. Fans can take a tour of Music City with this exciting Nashville bundle including a four-day pass to Xfinity Fan Fair X, admission to the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, a self-guided tour of the Ryman Auditorium, plus VIP seating at CMA Fest nightly concerts at Ascend Amphitheater. The Nash Pass is $50 and is available at opry.com/nashpass.
For upcoming talent announcements and all other info stay connected with CMA on CMAfest.com, Facebook.com/CMA, Twitter.com/CountryMusic, Instagram.com/CMA, and sign up for CMA Country Connection, CMA’s email newsletter. Fans can also download the 2017 CMA Music Festival mobile app for iPhone or Android to always stay in the know about the latest artist lineups, news, schedule changes, and to plan their Festival experience.
**All artists and schedules are subject to change. Visit CMAfest.com or the CMA Fest app for the latest schedule.**
CMA Music Festival is organized and produced by the Country Music Association. Fan Fair® is a registered trademark of WSM, Incorporated and is used by permission.
XFINITY is Comcast’s residential service brand and is one of the nation’s largest video and high-speed Internet providers, serving customers in 39 states and Washington, D.C. The company provides a full range of products including the Emmy-award winning Xfinity X1 platform, which has changed the way people experience television.